Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Day 1, Vicodin ruminations

First off, this is will be my first attempt at posting on something other than myspace for the last two+ years. That sight had its uses, but it's stale, old, and I don't even post there nowadays. So that's going to way of the dodo, starting probably today.

I've had a previous stab at blogging here, on livejournal, and of course the long run on myspace. And that one, to put it in the most quaint of words, while it got me the most feedback, sucked. Well, here's take two here, we'll see how it goes.

And now for what you've all been waiting for, the grist:

I am going stir crazy today (how's that as a 'get to know you'?). I've essentially been stuck indoors fighting off the urge to take a long spoon to my throat while I wait for the long needle stuck in my ass to take care of all this strep bacteria. Yes, I got strep again, and the second time (the first time, naturally enough, right before Thanksgiving) has been a joy. And a bear. And basically a good excuse for another four-day diet of water and saltines.

So in addition to the antibiotics, I've been given my first chance to try to the wonder drug that is vicodin. At least as its regarded on "the street" (I am hep enough I can refer to it in those terms). Sum total: besides the quick, passing dizzying feeling, it's given me an onslaught of discombobulating dreams filled with leering gypsies, dreams that are viewed through a veneer of oh-shit-the-antenna-is-down static, and one where -- although I had already opened my eyes -- I felt the mattress grab me by the sides and start pushing me up. Normal stuff.

When discernible, though, the stuff has been the fodder of Grimm Fairy Tales as painted by Max Beckmann. See below:



And so that's that. I'm still stir crazy, and have not had coffee since Thursday. This is an aberration bordering on a Geneva Violation.

2 comments:

  1. last time i took vicodin i drempt i was in a museum and the eyeballs in the paintings i was looking at, were following me back and forth. like in that mona lisa type of way. it was fucking freaky.
    so, cheers to vicodin ruminations! (on the plus side: vicoden-induced nightmares makes for good stories)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to remember this the next time I run short of material.

    ReplyDelete