Saturday, October 24, 2009

The college blog

In an odd turn of events, I walked through the apartment to the kitchen today to find out that one of my roommates, the MD student, was engaging in the medical history portion of a medical examination today. Odd, and I felt like I was walking through something I shouldn't have, which is true because I really shouldn't have.

I haven't said much about the roommates yet, have I? The one mentioned above is a med student at SUNY downstate hospital, Syrian, actually a very affable guy. The other, a painting student at Pratt, I have now not seen in about a week. Oddly enough, this situation makes me feel like I'm perpetually imposing. Which I'm sure I am.

In other odd, much more banal news, I've been getting back to following Delaware football. Delaware, being part of the FCS, is basically impossible to find on TV, but I had established years ago that it was possible to find them online through the radio station. And so I've been listening to them when I have the chance. Now, the Blue Hens are currently ranked 23, which is really irrelevant within itself, but they've lost two games to Bill and the Bitch (William and Mary to those not in the know) and #1 Richmond.

Which gets to the reason I'm bringing this up: the team at #2: Montana. The only reason why this has any bearing -- really, it should be completely irrelevant -- is that I dated a girl from Montana, and, being first off FCS and so just as impossible to know anything about, I didn't realize that they had a decent football team, in Delaware's NCAA class. So the words were thrown about, a little friendly gibing and sparring as to which program is better (it's still Delaware, Jenn, championships won be damned), but frankly now they're on my radar, and now I'm curious, for no rational reason, to see the two teams play. Hopefully in the playoffs.

I guess this is chalked up to the "What you take from the people around you" category. You should hear my rants against Massachusetts. At least, the old ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment